NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
The programme was designed to produce the nation’s Library and Information Science Technicians who will be capable of performing middle level functions in Libraries.
Objectives of the Programme
On completion of this course, students will be able to carry out the following functions:
1. Classify and Catalogue Books
2. Process Journals and other reference materials
3. Compile the general and specific subject, bibliographies, indexes and abstracts
4. Perform readers service with minimum supervision
5. Supervise Junior (clerical and non-technical) staff in Library;
6. Take charge of a school or community library efficiently and effectively
7. Utilize Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in information handling and processing.
Candidate for admission into the National Diploma (ND) Programme in Library and Information Science should have at least four credit/merit level passes at one sitting or five at two sittings in WASC/GCE (O/L) SSC/NECO/NTC/NBC/Teachers Grade II Certificate which must include English Language and at least a pass in Mathematics. Apply Now